Thursday, March 4, 2010

I can see it but...

... can't quite smell or taste it - yet.


Today is Derrick's big day, well, one of them. Today is his Marine Corps anniversary. Fourteen years ago today he became one of The Few, The Proud, The Marines! In that time he's accomplished so much and seen so much of the world in ways many can never fully imagine. I'm so proud of him.

That light at the end of the tunnel is getting a little brighter. Retirement is now as soon as six years away!

Congratulations Derrick on surviving fourteen crazy years offered courtesy of the United States Marine Corps. I'm looking forward to sharing the next six (or more) years of Marine Corps adventures with you! 




1 comment:

Andrea said...

Aww....I didn't know that you had posted a blog about this. I don't know why I am acting surprised. You have a fantastic reason to do so, because Derrick is such an AWESOME MARINE!!!!

Congrats Gunny Cordova!! We are so proud of you!!!