Friday, August 14, 2009

I can't wait!

I have my cousin posting pictures of her trip to Europe. I've seen beautiful cathedrals, intricately detailed architecture, the Eiffel Tower during the day and lit up beautifully at night and landscapes from all over France just to name a few.
Then I have another friend posting pictures with Hillary Clinton in Kenya. Aside from that photo op are all the safari pics of game on a reserve, the baptism of a local Kenyan boy and the rituals that go with. The cultural experience she is having... Amazing!
Oh & I almost forgot Derrick's cousin who just returned from the Netherlands. Her pictures were just amazing too.
I know that being in Okinawa has been an opportunity of a lifetime but at the same time it now seems so meager compared to the rest of the world. I can't wait to find out where this journey will take us next.

I heard a rumor that they've pulled some guys into the MSG course early for one reason or another. I mentioned it to Derrick, he is content with reporting to school in January but I think it would be kind of awesome if he got pulled into the October class. Yeah I'd miss him like crazy, but we'd be months closer to finding out where our next home will be.

I love (99% of the time) the journey his career has taken us on and can't wait to see where the future holds. We've got a big world out there!

1 comment:

Brook Parker said...

It is fun to imagine where you will go next isn't it. I'm looking forward to seeing you post about the cool new things you are doing in a new country, although sad at the thought that you will not be close by me! Aaron is looking into doing OSI, and was telling me that basically they can go everywhere... which I was like hmmm okay drage me wherever I don't mind. The things & places we go for our hubbys. & YAY for him coming home soon!!