Saturday, June 20, 2009

it's been a little while

Okay, since we've been inundated with rain for the past 9 days we've done no park hopping, no trips to beaches or touristy attractions. The rain has fallen upon so many here and left us with a somber depression. The sun peaked out this morning and fought through the clouds. It fought hard at times but eventually it won. We had a beautiful day on Okinawa. It just took me a little while longer to get out of my rut then it did for the sun. So now I hope that tomorrow and next week the weather stays as it was today. There's tons I want to see & am ready to bust free from this funk.

Before I do, I'm going to reverse a minute to what my blogs were before I shifted directions. Just a small deployment update as I don't have much more then what I type to pass along. As of this afternoon (when I heard, not sure when he did) things have shifted at his camp some. There is positive to be noted but also issues of concern. Nothing that he and his team can't handle. I just want to put out there that there's been change. The other thing I want to update is his return information. I have none. I had a few ideas of an approximate return date but today he let me know that it's looking like they're return is being pushed back a week to 3 weeks later.

This won't be the first deployment he's been extended, and fortunately for us, this time they're not extending him through Christmas & New Years like they did last time. I'll update when I have something more to pass.

No comments: