Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I blogged a few days ago on Myspace about some artwork. I won't post that blog here due to some sensitive issues around the initial situation (which has nothing to do with this piece or this artist). In any case, I wrapped that blog up with a piece of work I fell in love with & ended up buying. I bought it for myself and as a welcome home gift for Derrick. (good thing he doesn't read my blogs).

I found this amazing artist Maria Pia and her family on Esty.com (user name gogreenusacom). Her work was beautiful, it was something she did for Earth Day. If you check it out you can read the reviews and the story of this particular piece. & if you like it as much you can puchrase a digital reprint of the original painting (for very reasonable prices too). Gogreenusacom on Etsy.com

The day after purchasing the piece I was contacted by the artist herself. She wanted to confirm my address and questioned if I were military (due to the FPO mailing address). If I was, would I mind telling her where we are located. I gave her a very brief summary: me & the boys here, Derrick there & this piece will be part of his homecoming gift. Oh, then went over how shipping works (priority or the slow boat & told her either way would be acceptable because I've got some time left). I woke up this morning to another message from her and her family. It was so touching I just had to pass it along.

*and if you were able to read my other blog you might understand why this moved me so much, to tears almost. It is so amazing the goodness of strangers.

One more thing I wanted to add, when I purchased this print I ordered the 17.5X10 size. Not only is she & her family just awesome, but generous and sympathetic to the wallet too.

she wrote:

Hi Mz. Denise,

Ok great ! (We do ship USPS Priority Mail) will be shipped today by 5 or tomorrow afternoon, we will fill out a customs form, so it should get to you much much sooner than 6 weeks, That's crazy I would have to say. We will pay for tracking and insurance for you as you do much for us.

We want to let you know that we are trying to make your Tree Map of the World a bit larger as you are going to frame it, and that is an odd size. We are working on it to make it equal numbers like 20 X 10 so it will not cost you a hand full of money to get it framed, as when they are odd numbers you need to special order and we want to make sure you have no stress finding a frame that it will fit in without having to custom order.

What you can try to do when you shop for the picture frame, get your prices without a picture in it.. Also try to find ugly pictures in a frame that cost much less and take out that picture and place The Tree Map of the World in it. A simple frame is our opinion as the fany ones take away from the painting print.

We are also going to try to give you extra top & bottom (the white canvas, so you can cut it exactly the way you need to, maybe a frame is cheaper but bigger and you can use the white canvas as a boarder. YOU choice.

We would like to Thank You and your Husband for ALL the SACRIFICES YOUR FAMILY have and are continuing to make for our Country and all other countries TO KEEP ALL SAFE FROM HARM. YOU ALL ARE OUR H E R O ' S FOR LIFE,

I would like to tell you something about our family. Our complete circle of family & friends say our Prayers sitting at the table, (breakfast) , (lunch) (dinner) and before we go to bed and we ALL give Thanks and Prayer for all in this world, BUT ESPECIALLY spend a good 6 minutes Thanking and asking God to watch over all our men & women in the forces as well as our allies to guide them with strength, wisdom, great health and to keep all OUR HERO'S and THEIR HERO families, friends safe and warm.

You have 2 sons you are double Blessed, I hope you all are learning Japanese? hehehehe I would love to, all I speak is Italian and English, My brother also speaks German and Spanish.

We know your Husband will have a wonderful unexpected gift for when he comes home, make sure to put flower pedals all over starting from the front door to you bedroom , HE HE HE good idea though but after the kids are fast asleep. WE are so HAPPY for you when he comes back soon!!

WOW JAPAN !!! We LOVE you ALL and you Children so much too, God Bless and take good care of your babies and husband. I am not sure how old they are but they I am sure your Babies for life. Kisses & Hugs and be sure to tell your Husband & FRIENDS about our families PRAYERS DAILY for years & years.

YOU ARE OUR HERO'S MOMMY, DADDY AND KIDS!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Love Maria Pia, Giulio, Levi and April one big happy family :>)

2 comments:

Denise said...

& I kind of think this print is fitting for us. By the time this ride, courtesy of the USMC, is over we'll have lived in at least 4 countries, adding to the 13 or so that Derrick's has already been to.

Jen -n- Jase & kids said...

That picture is absolutlely beautiful. AND her message was SO touching. It's good to feel loved and appreciated, even by those we've never met.

Love ya Denise :O) and thanks for sharing.