Saturday, February 13, 2010

365 days later.

A year ago today both Derrick in Afghanistan & the boys & I here faced some pretty stressful situations (to say the least). What a difference a year makes. So thankful to have come through it unscathed.

We've spent the weekend together doing things as a family. Not so much forgetting the fact that it's Valentine's Day but focusing on us as a family (& very much missing Melanie) rather than focusing on Derrick and I as a couple.

After last year, and a Friday night spent going through video footage and photos we were reminded of how precious our time is together. I don't want or need diamonds or precious gemstones. I don't need a [holi]day to remind me to appreciate everything I have been blessed with. I have my husband healthy and for now he's home and I have three beautiful (sometimes wild and crazy) children. There's not much else I could ask for.
 
(For a recap of last years Valentine's you can click here to read that blog.)

No comments: