Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm taking donations =D

Okay so seriously NO I'm not. But sheesh, this is the first time I've understood why Derrick doesn't like getting new medals and ribbons.
Since Derrick has been home we've had to put quite a bit back into his uniform collection. From new cammies and name tapes to blues trousers and alterations (that's what happens when you drop twenty or so pounds), and the very latest- medal and ribbon mounting. We have spent well over $500 on all of the above. More than three fifths of that was his medals and ribbons alone. I knew it was going to be expensive. I joked with him about taking out a small loan to pay for it all. I just didn't realize it was going to be so expensive.
It's now official (because I say so), Derrick cannot earn any more medals or ribbons. Not for a while at least. :)

While I am complaining right now about the cost, really I don't mind. And the cost isn't putting us out. We've had money set aside for all of this. I was just surprised at the actual amount it all came to.
I am so proud of every medal and ribbon Derrick has earned. Heck, I'm just so proud of him & you all know, he'll look pretty darn snazzy this year at the Marine Corps Ball with his umpteen medals on his chest. 8-)
(& you know I'll take pictures)

No comments: