Wednesday, July 1, 2009

a walk down memory lane

Not too terribly far back though, just back to 2006. I have been getting notices in my inbox from Yahoo 360 for the past month or so, seems they're closing down and my profile is about to be deleted. With that so are my blogs. The first "blogs" I publicly wrote. It's kind of funny how much I've stayed the same yet changed over the past 3 years. One of them (4 in all) talks about my first term of college- reading it made me smile. And to think, I still joke around with Derrick about 'outcrops' and 'basalt' among other rock qualities. :) The first three are from North Carolina & the most recent (9/06) was my first blog on Okinawa. I need to search for the Cordovas_n_Okinawa blogs, those should be entertaining- that is where I posted our family updates. Maybe I'll post those here next. Here are my first 4 blogs.


Entry for September 18, 2006


It's been a while since I've written anything on here, maybe a little overdue. Things here are going good. I've managed to survive the first 3 weeks of school and catch myself talking about rocks. I guess this stuff is sinking in, whether I want it to or not.

I'm learning my way around the island and starting to explore more out in town. I've even ventured into the water. Anyone who knows me well, knows I don't do water. It's really amazing out here, underwater. I'll try to add new pictures soon if not here, on my other account. I'll try and keep the updates coming.


There's my T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Monday April 17, 2006 - 10:53pm (JST)


So- Easter was cool. Took a break from the norm and just had fun. Did baskets in the morning- the kids loaded up on chocolate. Took em to lunch then hit the beach. Made it back in time for an evening egg hunt then had dinner at a local place where everyone knows my name. So even mom had some fun last night. Hope ya'll had a wonderful day too.



Happy Easter Everyone!!!!
Monday April 17, 2006 - 12:51am (JST)


Hope ya'll are havin fun!!!
Happy Easter Everyone!!!


Funny how it works...
Monday April 10, 2006 - 05:22am (JST)

Hmm, where to begin? It's funny to see what life gives you and how you deal with it. All the answers seem apparent looking back, but while running through it all you just don't see what's been there all along. You find closeness in people you didn't know you would and those you think will always be around drift away. I guess everyday is truly a learning experience and I wouldn't change it for anything. I just look forward to the adventures that lie ahead.

And to those who make the impact you do- thank you- you know who you are. You make me shine when I would like to curl up a fade. You make me see the better side of me. I only hope that I help promote the same essence in you. You're truly amazing people & I'm blessed to have ya!

No comments: